Undergrad Advising

Academic advising staff are available in the Bioengineering Student Affairs Office to provide advice and answers to questions about the undergraduate programs in Bioengineering. In addition, answers to "Frequently Asked Questions" ( FAQs) are provided in various sections.

By consulting with advisors and reviewing the FAQ listing, new and current students can obtain answers to policy and procedural questions on a variety of topics, including the following:


    • Admission to the Undergraduate Majors

    • Credit for Advance Placement (AP) Courses

    • Major Requirements and Courses

    • Planning Quarterly Course Schedules

    • Education Abroad and Bioengineering

    • Clearance to Enroll in a Course

    • Petitions

      • Incompletes

      • Course Substitutions

      • Course Equivalents for Community College or other 4-year University Transfer Courses

    • Application to the Integrated 5 Yr BS/MS Program

Upon admission to the major, students are required to meet with an undergraduate advisor in the Bioengineering Student Affairs Office to plan a program of study. The program plan may be revised in subsequent years; however, revisions involving curricular requirements require approval of an undergraduate advisor and the faculty Undergraduate Studies Committee. As the department may make course and/or curricular changes periodically, it is important that students consult with an undergraduate advisor on an annual basis.