Associate Professor Stephanie Fraley
This reward is intended to recognize actions or activities that are above and beyond those normally expected based on the individual's role within the University. Significant contributions might be on campus or in the larger city, state, national or international arena. Examples of relevant contributions include:
- Conducting research to inform practice on matters of integrity (e.g., academic integrity, professional ethics, business ethics, engineering ethics, character education, research ethics, or responsible conduct of research) when that research is not an expected responsibility within the individual’s role.
- Promoting integrity and ethics in the classroom, department, or research-group in unique or extensive ways that go beyond what is normally expected of the person’s role.
- Mentoring and/or role modeling academic, research or professional integrity that is noticeable and impactful on others.
- Volunteering in an exemplary or unexpected manner in service to integrity. The service could be on an official University committee, a governing board, or to run events or programs.
- Institutionalizing integrity by implementing infrastructures or procedures to support integrity or addressing systemic factors that lead to academic, research or professional integrity violations.
- Exhibiting courage in defending integrity by, for example, speaking up against academic, research or professional misconduct or stopping peers, colleagues or superiors from engaging in integrity violations
Special Note for 2020/2021: Quickly moving to Remote Instruction at the end of WI20 caused many integrity challenges for the entire community. For this 11th Annual Integrity Awards Nomination process, nominations that recognized the challenging environment and how community members rose to those challenges were included. For example, students who worked to ensure integrity in their remote study groups (exhibiting courage) or faculty who redesigned their course(s) to make cheating the exception and integrity the norm (promoting integrity).