APPLICATIONS MAY BE SUBMITTED ANYTIME BUT MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION DATE BY AT LEAST 1 MONTH
- Must be a current undergraduate Bioengineering student in good standing
- Applicant must be presenting a talk or poster on their research OR an officer of a department sponsored organization (BMES, ISPE, EWH) attending the organization’s national conference
- We will consider other travel requests but they will require special exception.
Note: Preference will be given to presentation of research in well-established conferences, symposia, or festivals with substantial attendance (e.g. those sponsored by professional societies/associations).
- Students may request awards up to $500.
- Awards are distributed as reimbursements.
- Reimbursement shall only be made upon submission of original receipts.
- The department will ONLY reimburse economy class flights, hotel, and conference registration expenses.
- Applications must be received at least ONE MONTH prior to the conference registration date.
- A student may ONLY be awarded up to $500 per fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
- Only one award per student per academic year.
- Cost of side trips unrelated to the conference will not be reimbursed.
- Canceled trips must be reported promptly to allow for redistribution of funds.
- If partial support is available from other sources, this information must be provided upon submission of the application.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online application form here:
- Note: If you are presenting, you must send a copy of the acceptance of the abstract on the program or a copy of the program must accompany the request. If abstract acceptance is still pending at the time of application submission, travel support may be tentatively approved, but funds can only be released upon receipt of the necessary documents.
- Submit the supporting documents in ONE email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title “BE Undergrad Travel Award”
- Applications will be reviewed by a faculty member and students will be notified within 2 weeks of submission.